Assisted living at The Terraces of Phoenix is committed to successful aging.
Our assisted living residents live fully and demonstrate growth in various aspects of their lives such as physical health, social engagement, intellectual challenges and spiritual fulfillment. Here are a few of the impressive statistics from our recent portrait data results:
Assisted living residents place an emphasis on physical health.
- Eighty-one percent of residents rate their health as good or better.
- With the option of fitness programs for residents the amount of falls among residents has decreased by half.
- More than 60 percent of women participate in muscle strengthening activity, which is much higher than the 11 percent of women in the greater community who do muscle strengthening activities.
- We offer healthy meals and the option for residents to eat five daily servings of fruits and vegetables.
- The number of residents who consume these five daily servings has increased from 20 percent to 48 percent in the past year.
Assisted living residents focus on their mental and spiritual health.
- More than 76 percent of residents report having a strong sense of meaning and purpose in their lives.
- In addition, 85 percent of assisted living residents participate in individual intellectual challenging activities, and 81 percent participate in group-based intellectual challenges.
Assisted living residents feel comfortable with team members.
- Residents report that team members and other residents make them feel at ease.
- Fifty-five percent of residents report almost never feeling lonely, and 91 percent feel that team members support residents in their successful aging journey.
Getting out of the house means healthy residents.
- Ninety-one percent of residents report getting out at least two or more times each day.
- Seventy-one percent of residents volunteer regularly.