We continue to monitor the ongoing situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19).
As mentioned in my first letter dated Friday, February 28, we adapt our plans as we gather more information. Since my last communication, Valle Verde has increased its activity in order to further minimize exposure and control spread of COVID-19. These additions include, but are not limited to:
- Require all team members to sign and follow a new policy entitled, "Health Reporting Policy." This policy requires team members to disclose to management any reportable symptoms, diagnosis, or exposure. Team members will not be able to return to work until they have been symptom free for 48 hours.
- Require all visitors to sign in at the reception desk in either the Administration lobby, Quail Lodge, or the Village. Visitors include family members, friends, vendors, sub-contractors, delivery drivers, entertainers, speakers, mail carriers, etc. Residents visiting residents in the Village will also be asked to sign in. Each visitor will:
- continue to be screened for recent travel and symptoms of illness
- be issued a disposable visitor name tag demonstrating this person has passed the CDC recommended screening process and is therefore approved to be on campus
- be directed to a nearby handwash station and/or issued a hand sanitizing product
These changes are important in controlling the spread of COVID-19 by community guests. It's also necessary for us to track who is on our campus so we can provide this information to the local Public Health Department should there be a confirmed case of COVID-19 in Santa Barbara.
Please do your part by encouraging guests, even if they are just visiting you in your home, to please sign in at one of the reception desks. Since reception desks are not managed 24/7, the Amigos Grill and the Main Dining Room will also offer a sign-in process after 5:00 p.m.
Together we can help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including COVID-19 and the flu.
Melissa B. Honig